Our two families in Corvallis, but missing Aaron and little Elsie

Monday, June 21, 2010

Congrats to Lydia!

Lydia graduated from University of San Francisco on May 21! Her ceremoney started at 9:00 a.m. in the beautiful cathedral on campus. Marc was there with my sister Emilie, and Lyd's second mom and "goddess" mother, Denise. Her dad and grandmother were there. Lydie's hairdresser, who also happens to be Pat's mom's second cousin (!), wonderful Rhonda, was also there.

I was there via mobile phone at 2:00 a.m. from inside our teeny tent in the middle of the outback at Warumbungle National Park!

Marc called me just as the procession was finishing. We had to hush when the prayers began and I just listened with the crackling connection. Then I could hear the national anthem being played on the big pipe organ. I thought of Mom. Tears were already rolling and I was so happy to "be there." After diplomas were given, I could hear the wooping as she passed down the aisle by the family. It was the next best thing. How amazing that I could share part of her day afterall?

No comments:

Post a Comment