Our two families in Corvallis, but missing Aaron and little Elsie

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Here Today Gone Tomorrow

Jetting back to the states for this quick trip was eye-opening in a couple of ways. First of all, everyone talked like I talk! The money looked really weird, too. I rented a car so was driving right out of the airport, but that didn't seem strange at all, like I expected, to be on the right side of the road. I couldn't get the turn indicators or wipers at all, though. And now that I'm back in Australia, I really can't get them. Like I don't even try. I just hit one and hope! My head won't make the change this time, I guess!

I took back lots of bags (read souveniers, sweaters and Lacross sticks . . . )to leave there until January. So on the way back, I carried only my small day pack. I got the funniest looks in line at the check in counter and later in customs. That's the way to travel, I've decided! No cart necessary for me! Actually, the immigration folks were not amused and questioned me a little longer than some others!

As the folks were sad leaving Australia on the way out, I had the happy feeling of getting to come back in a few days. But I did think of how it will feel in 3 weeks, when it's our turn to be leaving and saying goodbye to this beautiful place. I guess I'll do the same again, think how happy it is that we will come back - some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment