Our two families in Corvallis, but missing Aaron and little Elsie

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tramping on the Peninsula

We went in search of penguins that are said to come ashore at dusk. We did find sea lions and beautiful birds. And we hiked. We started out through a farmer's pasture and ended at the ocean in time to see a sea lion snoozing on the sand. No people. All along the shore there are farmlands and remote houses perched up on the hillsides. I took 100 pictures every other curve in the road. Fortunately Ross didn't jump from the car in exasperation! And Pat is very patient, too! They humored me by taking the first trek, and listened while I oohed and ahhed at every view (which is mostly the same - ocean, ocean, and more hillside with ocean!). Without offering to stop at the next trek, they let me entertain the idea of coming back someday to take each one. I really was obsessed. It was wonderful.

But still no penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment