Our two families in Corvallis, but missing Aaron and little Elsie

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Byron Bay

I seemed to have developed quite a cough/sore throat/flu/day off cuz my friends are here and we need to sight see for the day/ kind of feeling. So off we went to the beach three hours north for the day.

Lots of laughs on our drive up reliving the crazy Karaoke night from before, including the wog, Chookie, dancing the same cuz we come from the same country, Tom Jones, Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On done beautifully by - a bloke!, Duncan me mate, photos of random pub folk, the security guard feeding us sandwiches at closing time, and more.

We stopped to shop, get coffees and muffins, then shopped some more. We walked along the beach in beautiful Byron Bay, and then sat in the wind, determined to work on our tans! That didn't last long, so we ended with a trip up to the lighthouse - fantastic, and then dinner at Fresh, a cute restaurant with a fireplace to get warm by!!

The sea air really did me good, and I was able to get back to work the next day. They say sunshine and laughter is great for what ails ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment