Our two families in Corvallis, but missing Aaron and little Elsie

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Beach a Day

This was my mantra for the last two weeks of our stay here. But with record rainfall it was going to be tricky to keep the promise. We also wanted to see dolphins again, but I decided (like I would know) that it must not be their season since we hadn't seen any this month. We also needed to see roos one more time - I did anyway!

Monday, instead of going to the gym, Annie and I snuck into MacDonald's, got our coffees and headed to walk the beach. Once we got down to the sand, we decided it was too lovely to not go in the water. Clothes and all (mostly), we swam in the beautiful warm waves. That's it, we were doing this Thursday, as well! "But I have to be cleaning that day, Annie!" "Stuff it. We'll swim early and have you back for cleaning by 8 a.m." "Deal."

Thursday then Kat, Annie and I stopped by "Macker's" again, got our coffees and headed out to the beach and shared hugs and tears one more time. Absolute perfection. Cleaning began at 8:30! Pat took his hour out for one last beer at the pub with Neil. Probably no tears, but a hug, anyway, I'd bet.

That night was the pub choir concert, and as we chatted about our beautiful swim, the girls all said they'd like to go tomorrow morning! It was settled. Friday morning, 5:30 a.m., Kat, Annie, Debbie, Jenny, Jeanette, Caroline, and I would walk the Urunga boardwalk out to the beach.

It was a fantastic sunrise (I've never seen the sun rise at the beach, West Coast girl that I am), with pinks and oranges in the sky. We cried and hugged and walked and laughed and cried and took photos and hugged more. We ended with Dead Ants on the sand (I'll include a photo and really can't explain it any better than that). More perfection. What amazing friends we've made. I keep saying that. I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment