Our two families in Corvallis, but missing Aaron and little Elsie

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What's lurking in the Grass?!

Monday, I went on a short ride with Neal to see his boats. The first was out on Yellow Rock Rd. north of Urunga, where he & Cat are having work done on it. As you can see, the boat is sitting in tall grass. When we arrived, Neal drove into the grass, backed up, turned to the left, drove forward, backed up, drove forward more to the left, backed up.....etc., etc., etc.... I couldn't figure out what he was doing. He looked over at me & probably saw the look of bewilderment on my face. He smiled, laughed & said, gotta chase the snakes out of this tall grass before we walk up to the boat. When he said that was enough, & parked the car about 10 yards from the boat, I was, needless to say, not happy about getting out of the car to check out his boat. He assured me this old Aussie trick ran the snakes off! Yeah, right! Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment